Children are welcomed as a part of our worshiping community. Each Sunday morning, all children are invited to participate in worship in the sanctuary until they are dismissed after the children’s message to attend their discipleship/church school classes.
- There is experienced adult care for all pre-school children on the lowest level of the chapel. This is available from 9:45 until after worship.
- School-agers may participate in our learning center called “Experiencing the Word”. This is a multi-aged class for grades 1 – 6 and is staffed by dedicated, adult volunteers. The multi-aged Bible-based curriculum, Seasons of the Spirit, is used at this level. It integrates worship, learning, and serving ministries. It employs a learning center approach and has activities that feature Bible research, art, music, drama, games and outreach. Generally the ministers’ children’s message co-ordinates with the lesson for the day.
- Periodic activities planned for the children may include hayrides, miniature golf outings, seasonal parties and mission projects.
- Other special classes/events such as pre-confirmation, confirmation, mission projects like TORCH or mission trips and youth social activities are available through the local church, the religious community of Berea and the network of area UCC churches.
- The Ohio Conference of the UCC has two camp sites in the state and multiple offerings for all ages from grandparent/grandchild camps to weeklong thematic experiences for all ages and special family camps. Look at http://ocucc.org/ for more detailed information.